This app is ideal for use in either a classroom or home setting. It is recommended that a parent or teacher work through the first couple passages with students. Once students are familiar with the format of the multiple choice questions, this app can be used independently. Each word can be touched individually to hear its pronunciation.
The format of passages and questions mirror the assessments that many Kindergarten and First grade students now take at school. Working with this app is a fun way for students to build confidence approaching these assessments!
Home Screen Overview
1) click on the passage to read and answer questions
2) see how many stars (questions answered correctly) you have for each passage
3) reset all stars to zero in the 'Parents and Educators' section
- Narration support: all words are 'touch to hear', press the sound button to hear the full passage or the full answer text
- after pressing the letter answer (A, B or C), the 'done' button allows the students to input their answer
- the response system tells the students when they have answered correctly
- after each passage, students see how many they answered correctly on the first try